Saturday, July 9, 2011

We have arrived....

The trek to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is L O N G….

After many travel hours, we exited the plane attempted to follow the agency directions, attain travel visas, exchange money, get thru customs…and since English is not the language of choice…oh my! It is good to be reminded that there is a life and culture outside of the one we live in….I feel like the wide eyed child just soaking it all in. We arrived at the Sakula Lodge, and rec’d a call from Alemu, my adoption consultant in Ethiopia- apparently the orphanage: Enat Alem is closed on the weekend but he made special arrangements for us to go today… this was totally unexpected…. I have no words to describe the moment I met Gemechu.


Happiness is like a butterfly which,

when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but,

if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

~Nathaniel Hawthorne












6 comments:

  1. The smile on your face says it all. So happy for you!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be happier for you, Kristy!! Can't wait to see the real pictures when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen u smile like that! Beautiful!
    Our love to BOTH of you!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy,
    Thank you for sharing this incredible time with all of us! I can tell he has already snatched up your heart!! Much love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So happy for you & your son! priceless - enjoy it every minute.

    ReplyDelete