“Oh, Aslan,” said Lucy. “Will you tell us how to get into your country from our world?”
“I shall be telling you all the time,” said Aslan.
“But I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across a river.
“I shall be telling you all the time,” said Aslan.
“But I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across a river.
But do not fear that, for I am the great Bridge Builder.”
C.S. Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
I can not believe that this day has finally arrived....The trek began in August of 2009 and I remember how I planned it to go- it was quite the plan, all wrapped up with a bow....and then I realized that I was not driving the car.....and by the way we were driving fast without seat belts and I believe Stevie Wonder was behind the wheel!? It has been an emotional wild ride and I have no guarantees that this trek will not be even more dramatic in the coming days.....
“We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey,
especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way.
Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it.”
author unknown
I have been a given amazing gifts in the past 2 years- I have met and built friendships that were a direct result of the journey itself. I have learned much. I have been approved by my local, state, federal government as a upstanding citizen... and now I must wait for the Ethiopian government to approve me as well.....
A very wise adoptive mom told me recently..."Try to enjoy those first precious few minutes, hours and days with your new son. Try not to let the stress interfere with what is going to be one of the most important and memorable times in your life. Soak in every minute. Enjoy being in country-
your son was born there, it will become such a special place to you for that reason alone." Thank you! I value your wisdom & advice.
Tomorrow, I embark the latest portion of the trek - 7,488 miles ...19 hours of flight time.
It will life-changing in so many ways.....Thanks to all who have supported me along the way and to my mom who is lucky enough to witness it all first hand. Yesterday, someone asked her if she was going with me to Ethiopia....her response ..... "my daughter is 42 years old, you don't think I would let her go by herself do you?" With a mom like this I am confident I will be fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment