Today was the day I walked sweet Theo out of the orphanage and got into a car and drove away. To be honest, I have visualized it my mind a million times. It was without pomp and circumstance, it was to tears of the nannies and nurse that have cared for him so well for so long. It was …as I was told …the way it is suppose to be.
The nannies and nurse were elated to have the pictures we brought with us and they shared others that have been given. Most of the children we met in the summer at Enat Alem have transferred to their forever families and some are waiting anxiously for the day they too will leave. It was both more and less emotional than I thought it would be…. Theo was literally spellbound staring out the windows on the way to the hotel….he is such a sweet boy- I will acknowledge that he is very fond of being held …this however, has not been a problem :)
What an exciting day! Congratulations from the Louis family. I hope the first night of sleep went okay.
ReplyDeleteJenny
What a beautiful boy!! He is so lucky to have you as his forever family. Can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteDee