Thursday, December 19, 2013

Santa is everywhere....



In the eyes of a toddler Santa really is everywhere.... if you are of slightly advanced age, have a white beard and white hair, in the month of December it is a given that you may get a few comments. 

Theo and I attended an art opening last week, I was really excited to see some of my former students work... As I was looking at their artwork, my talented former students introduced me to one of their photo professors, Theo turned around and shouted Santa, I was shocked, amused & embarrassed.  The professor must not have found it funny, he did not even crack a smile.   The very next day we were out to dinner with friends, Theo spied another 'santa', this santa was dining with a large group of friends.... as we left, we passed 'santa's' table and Theo whispered "santa?" One of 'santa's' friends heard Theo and totally engaged him in conversation... "you think he is santa?, well then tell us, have you been a good boy?  what would you like santa to bring you?" The opportunity to share his wish list was one T could not pass up.... he told them all about the helmet, skates, stick, and bike he is anticipating on christmas morning.... I am frankly SHOCKED he did not ask to sit on the man's lap...

Holidays as a child or holidays with a child are the absolute best.... very merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment