Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mad Skills


Theo's latest skills.....
1. Climbing in and out of the hi chair.......are you kidding me??!!
I can honestly say I have no idea when this happened but on Saturday morning I mentioned breakfast and T headed out of the kitchen.... When I went into the dining room he was sitting in his chair.... I was confused and it took 2 more climbs before I asked him to perform, the kid has mad skills.

2. Words....finally!
T is talking more and more everyday.... he is trying so hard to communicate and the 2 words I have pushed and pushed are getting more recognizable "thank you"

3. Sleep!! Theo not only sleeps through the night but he has embraced the nighttime routine.... Theo's sleep has been a gift to mom, it is amazing how much more effective I am when I sleep for 7 hours in a row.  When I put Theo in his crib awake, he lays down and falls asleep.  I will add that this was a hard won battle between the two of us.... it took 9 months but success is ours!

4. Daycare....Theo started a new daycare this school year.  I was so lucky that my family watched him last school year, but it was time to move on and Miss Nicki has been wonderful!  It doesn't hurt that she has stated "Theo is an angel"  The first day at drop off, she asked me if I was nervous- YES! sadly I knew Theo would be fine, I was worried about me.  I never really worried last year, I was not really sad about going back to work... it was not optional it had to happen & I like my job BUT leaving Theo at a stranger's house was harder.... day 1: minimal tears for both of us; day 2: Theo waves goodbye and at the end of the day he cried when I dragged him to the car....I guess it is going fairly well....

20 days to our 1 year anniversary....

No comments:

Post a Comment