I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
Shel Silverstein
What a year it has been....
Time flies, and no matter what I do, Theo continues to grow.
He is funny, cute, smart and busy, busy, busy!
I am one blessed momma.
We celebrated Family Day on Monday.
September 24, 2010....
I officially changed my adoption path to Ethiopia
I officially changed my adoption path to Ethiopia
September 24, 2011....
Theo and I arrived in Cincinnati as began our life as a family.
Theo and I arrived in Cincinnati as began our life as a family.
It is beyond bizarre that the process took exactly one year.
and unfair to make the claim since I actually began the adoption process
in September 2009... everything works out the way it is meant to be.
We spent Family Day in Baltimore visiting friends.
It was a fabulous weekend, filled with birthday
celebrations and lots and lots of cake.
to say Theo enjoys our trips to Baltimore is an understatement,
but more on that in my next post.
We flew home to Cincinnati on Monday.
We spent the day the same way we did last year...in the airport.
Things have changed in a year.
Last year we spent 22+ hours flying and
not once did I have a moment to take pictures, and I always take pictures.
This year the flight was much shorter.
No kidding, he sat and watched an episode of
Yo Gabba Gabba start to finish, wearing the ear buds.
He was stone still and everyone near us was impressed.
I will quickly mention that the last 20 minutes of the flight
is time I can never get back and if I never relive the experience,
that would be a gift.
In the BWI airport, Theo spent time running thru the concourse
it was a late flight (major delays) and the airport was deserted.
A airport employee was taking a break, and on Theo's 3rd pass he
asked if he was Ethiopian. I answered, yes, and he said, I knew it, so
am I and we can always tell the Ethiopians. He proceeded to talk to T for
several minutes in Amharic, he asked me all about him and then
introduced T to his friend also an airport employee and native Ethiopian.
I found it quite fitting that we revisited Ethiopia on Family Day.
It was a reminder of the beauty and kindness of Ethiopia.
“Until I met you," she said, "I never realized how precious each day could be.
When I was working, each day was over before I knew it,
and then a week just flew by, and then a whole year...
What have I been doing all this time? Why didn't I meet you before?
If I had to choose a whole year in the past, or a day with you-
I'd choose a day with you...”
― ShÅ«ichi Yoshida, Villain
― ShÅ«ichi Yoshida, Villain


No comments:
Post a Comment