Wednesday, November 23, 2011

OH MY!


A few weeks ago, I visited my niece Lilee's preschool classroom.... she was student of the week and requested that Theo and I visit and read a story to her class. I was super-duper excited and I decided to read E is for Ethiopia and share a popcorn snack.... We had a good time, Lilee was excited to share her new cousin with her friends and I educated the class on Ethiopia.... I focused on the coffee ceremony in Ethiopia.... which includes popcorn......Fast forward to yesterday... I was again with Lilee and my sister in law visiting the grade school for the Thanksgiving program.... a preschool mom was also at the program and came up to say hello and inquire about my little cutie.... my sister in law was explaining Theo and mentioned that he visited the pre-school class... the mom immediately said....Well, now I get it .... hmmmm... what do you 'get' exactly? we asked in unison.... Well you see my daughter came home from school one day and said.... mom I know where babies come from, I was a little concerned and then she told me babies are from Ethiopia....

It is a good thing I teach high school....


No comments:

Post a Comment