Wednesday, February 5, 2014

For the love of.....Hockey!


This boy LOVES hockey.
We have embraced winter sporting activities,
Sledding, skating, and attempts to snowboard by standing in the sled...
He sleeps with 4 hockey sticks, 2 pucks, & a baseball glove
He whacks pucks (any small toy or object) all over the house
and if he spies hockey on the TV... he stops to watch and imitate the players.


We often go to cheer on cousin Luke in his hockey games
BIG EXCITEMENT...
he wears the jersey of his fav player....cousin Luke


As a birthday gift his uncle and family gave him skating lessons.
I laced up T's hockey skates, he was so excited, but he couldn't stand up,
let alone walk.... my unspoken thought was what in the heck am I doing to this kid.....
Then the cousins and uncle Peter took over




Much to my surprise, after an hour of 'skating'
which included a large portion of time being pushed around
on a sled (those cousins are clever) T exited the ice.... 
I offered him my hands and he emphatically told me.... I got it!
and he surely did.... I love my fearless and coordinated child.


The best line of the day
"I fall mama, then I get back up."
You keep doing that Sweet T, forever and ever.






No comments:

Post a Comment